[Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help
From: "Michelle" <michelle_melt@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 13:05:34 -0500
  Is it biased class "C" for CW usage on 6 meters?  If so it should do a
bit better that 65% efficiency.

   A pair of 3-500Z's can produce over a kilowatt if it has the plate
power that supports it.  (normally zero biased for linear operations
they should be biased at cutoff for class "C" operation.

   What condition are the 3-500Z's?

   If the Drake L4B is rated 1,000 Watts on CW I would not expect 1,000
Watts on 6 meters.

   Does "Lou's King Conversions" get 1,000 Watts out of Drake L4B's?
--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.

Ron,  Amp is setup up for SSB  zero biased, tubes are new RF Parts ( I know
that doesn't mean anything) I'll check the tubes
in my other L4B to see how they work. From what I hear all of Lou's amps
including the L4B put out over 1 kw.

Michelle