Re: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 07:46:22 -0600
This Thread is interesting,
I have not dig into this old beast of a SB-220 yet to remember how or what the circuit is composed of. But back in the 80's This SB-220 had a mod added that made it run a LOT cooler because even when the amp was placed in transmit mode, unless there was watts going in, there was zero idle current.

I honestly do not remember exactly how this was accomplished. tho.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme