Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

To: "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 16:13:57 -0600
I agree with Bill generally -- but would add that the term "cost" means both time as well as money. More and more parts are only available in SMT size but for the most part that's not a major limitation where time almost always is.

I've put uPs in a lot of my stuff and the build time or the expense to do it is not really very significant. The flexibility and capability is amazing. On the other hand writing the code - and importantly getting it to actually do what you want it to do in actual use - is a time-sink of a magnitude that is just hard for the uninitiated to comprehend.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Turner