Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?
From: David Smith <w6te@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 03:37:44 +0000
My first HB project was a single tube 6L6, 25 watt transmitter in 1963. It had
plug-in coils to change bands. I was a new novice and got a pink slip from an
OO for chirp! I guess the power supply regulation wasn’t that great.

I tried posting a photo of my 2 latest homebrew projects but I guess the file
size was too large. They were my 4 band microwave transverter system (2.3, 3.4,
5.7 and 10 GHz all QRO) for my multi-band rover rig… and my stand-alone 24 GHz
QRO system for mountain toping and rover contesting…

My, how time has flown over the past 50 years… Happy New Years to all… I wish
you all well and great home brewing.

73,

Dave W6TE