Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Decline of homebrewing?
From: Kevin <kstover@ac0h.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 16:51:32 -0600
My initiation was with a 900V AC lab supply in high school electronics class. Somehow I managed to get a finger across both binding posts. Knocked me on my butt.

A universal law is if the action is proceeded by "Hey!...Watch this!" something stupid is about to happen. Like tossing an unfolded paper clip at the 120V outlet in the bench back splash. Yep, first try, paper clip exploded and blew the breakers.

That class was a lot of fun. The teacher was a ham and had a Swan 700CX and Collins 75A4 in the school club ham shack.