Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 12:53:53 -0500
Water is far easier to clean up, leaves less mess, and is more efficient at heat transfer. The vapor phase cooling used in computer CPU cooling is efficient, but less tolerant of leaks, difficult to charge, and works at lower temps..

Vapor phase water cooling is very efficient (already covered by another poster) for tubes as vaporizing 1 gram (1 cc) of water uses 539 calories (at 100 C - too hot for SS), while heating or cooling water 1 deg C takes 1 calorie.
Vapor phase cooling has no moving parts except for a fan(s) at the radiator.

73, Roger (K8RI)