Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 16:30:37 +0000

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 14:44:51 +0000 (UTC), Catherine wrote:

>Long term, I hope we can follow Manfred's suggest to move toward Class E

REPLY:

Be careful with this. A couple of years ago there was a ham on the
East coast running a class E amp during a RTTY contest. It was
producing a white-noise hash all across the band whenever he keyed up.
I finally tracked down who it was and went to his website where he
proudly described his amp. I sent him an email and never heard from
him again.

I think class E has great potential but a word to the wise: Evaluate
your design very carefully.

73, Bill W6WRT