Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 09:45:15 +1300
On 06/03/17 09:30, Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com> wrote:
If I recall a Weather 101 lecture right, rain always condenses around
a microscopic dust particle before it falls. No dust = no rain.

That is more how an ice crystal forms, and explains how there can be water vapor above the freezing level - until of course the large vertical activity of some cloud sucks up dust, as they do, and you very suddenly get large hailstones. It's very amusing to watch a huge towering Cb move over the pine forest when it's releasing large amounts of pollen - man does that really go off!

Water vapor and other refrigerant gases will happily condense into liquid without particles - or else your refrigerator wouldn't work.

I wouldn't be using untreated water for a coolant in anything at all. At least dose it with some water soluble oil, alcohol, or glycol. Even pure ethanol would be better.