[Amps] Mobile Amps ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mobile Amps ?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:14:40 -0700
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 10:08:13 -0400
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mobile Amps ?

I remember years ago when computerized engine management was being bothered
or destroyed by ham, public safety, and commercial radios. A big stink
resulted, plus law suits until it was corrected

It sounds like time to raise a stink again but dont expect any help from
anti radio CA.

Carl

##  last time I had the 2m  hand held in the company work van, I was  fiddling
with it,
trying to program the correct sub audible tone in,  for a repeater.
Looked up, and had just started to cross the double yellow line, on a major hwy,
at the highest peak, on a slight right sweeper.   Scared the s#@t outa me.

##  Once I got so pissed off with the 2m FM handheld, while mobile on the hwy,
actually threw the damned thing out the drivers side window.  It didnt go
anywhere,
since it was plugged into the cigarette lighter in the middle of the dash !
Gave it to my
son eventually.   Around here,  2M FM  and 11m  is not much difference.  2m is
worse.   Wife was not impressed with the crap on 2M FM..and reads me the riot
act.
The cell phone + GPS is far more useful. These days, with a Roush Mustang +
supercharger, I have to be 100 %  focused at all times.

Jim   VE7RF