Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 173, Issue 70

To: amps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 173, Issue 70
From: Randy <randy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 21:59:50 -0400
I'll admit, I always assumed that an "SWR" meter, or wattmeter, not working into a conjugate match on the design impedance was just a field strength meter (and thus I have the title of Amateur).

What has been said makes sense, when you consider the proper "flat top" antenna, which I've never done, and Carl probably has done 1k times, and Peter, too... you have a balanced feedline into a flat-top dipole... frequency doesn't matter... all the RF that goes IN, either gets radiated, or reflected back to the source, and then re-radiated...

I bow my heads to the elders... I didn't know that I was wrong... you *can* derive valid info from test eqpt that you thought was wrong.

Not to change the subject, but my work took me to a quite elderly lady's home today... quite elderly, blah blah blah blah blah. Blah. Blah. In short, she told me her career was in electronic testing... I asked her where..... various this, various that... HEWLETT PACKARD.... she had nothing to say about the company after Packard and Hewlitt croaked.

73
Randy
KZ4RV

On 5/25/2017 12:00 PM, amps-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote