Re: [Amps] SWR and amplifiers

To: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SWR and amplifiers
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 02:10:50 +0000
Gary,

With a tuned output circuit there is a conjugate match between the output
circuit and the feed line. This causes any reflected power to be
re-reflected back to the feed line.

There is no conjugate match between the output circuit and the amplifying
device. It only allows for maximum power transfer.

I cannot picture such a situation. A conjugate match to a feed line requires a resistive part. A tuned output circuit having significant resistance would be very lossy.

Could you let me see a schematic of such a circuit, with component values, so that I can analyze it?

Manfred