Re: [Amps] LDMOS availability

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Tom Thompson" <w0ivj@tomthompson.com>, "Per Molund" <pmolund@online.no>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LDMOS availability
From: <w8hw@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 19:12:30 -0400
Actually you do NOT have your crystal ball to predict the future so your statement is NOT based in fact, only an opinion. I prefer to go with facts, so hear we go.

FACT... Because we can not see into the future, we only have history to look at.

FACT... History has shown us that RF power devices have NOT survived 15 years of manufacture very well... IN FACT... I challenge you to show me the facts. Show me a solid state RF transistor in that power class (RF 1400 watts out) that has been in production for 15 years and is still in production today. I am open minded and would love to see your report.

FACT... I noticed that you did not mention if they agree to the $100k Guarantee. Why is that important, see below.

FACT... If they are sure that they will keep production going until the year 2032 (15 years), then that guarantee should BE NO PROBLEM for them. Talk is cheep

FACT... If you feel that is an unfair request, then that tells us that (Deep down) you do not believe them either. Please do not tell me that you DO have a crystal ball.

FACT... Many high power tubes (8877 and 3-500) do have a rich 40+ year history with no end in sight.

FACT... I have purchased the BLF188 because I CAN afford both the cost and the risk. However people who can not afford the cost and risk may wish to take this into consideration.

FACT... I have been in the RF repair industry since 1971 and have seen and faced this issue happen over and over again. How long have you been in it???

73, Bruce, W8HW

-----Original Message----- From: Per Molund