Re: [Amps] 3-500Z cool down time

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>, Gary Schafer <garyschafer@largeriver.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z cool down time
From: Clark Turner <Clark@ClarkTurnerTuning.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:49:48 -0700
I agree. I wondered if these newer made RF parts tubes are in fact not instant on and require warm up and cool down.

On 6/5/2017 10:28 AM, Joe wrote:
Plus in my amp if I ever got the plates hot enough to glow red or orange.
I'd say once RF is removed I bet it's less than a second that it's no longer colored, and not long after that what ever temp it is because of he filament. I'd say less than 5 seconds if that long!

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme