Re: [Amps] 3-500Z cool down time

To: "Kimberly Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, "Catherine James" <catherine.james@att.net>, "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z cool down time
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 12:45:26 -0400
The initial use was for ISM amps.

Except for a short time in the late 80's Eimac 3-500Z's had no seal problems and I still have a few with 70's date codes that are fine.

The Chinese versions have been OK so far.

Another tube that eventually became a leaker is the 4-1000A.

Eimac and Chinese 3-500's are always prone to outgassing from the anode which has absolutely nothing to do with seal leaks to the outside air. Unless you are prepared to go thru a regular regettering process then it becomes more of a ues them or lose them scenario.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kimberly Elmore" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net> To: "Catherine James" <catherine.james@att.net>; "Amps group" <amps@contesting.com>