Re: [Amps] Pole pigs removed from oil ??

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pole pigs removed from oil ??
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 21:49:20 -0500
Hi Jim,

   I used one that came off our power lines back in the 70's when they were
updating the grid.
   The oil was for heat transfer.

   I pulled it from the oil and let it dry out for a few months.
   It never really drys but the weeping eventually stopped.

   Mine ran a pair of 3-1000Z.  2400 VAC on the secondary.
   It loafed along at legal limit.
   I think I paid all of $25 for it.

   Never had an issue with insulation breakdown.

73's  Mike  K9MK