Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 07:03:19 +1300
On 08/11/17 07:00, Jim Brown wrote:
On 11/7/2017 9:44 AM, Steve Wright wrote:
People seem to visualise all this heinous crap coming out of their antenna and taking away everyones' rights, but I challenge any person to furnish any sort of valid complaint regarding any harmonic.  And I mean a COMPLAINT, not someone three doors down being able to detect your 3F.

It is a serious mistake to view harmonics as the only product of distortion. Any mechanism that produces harmonics will also produce intermodulation, which shows up as clicks on CW and splatter on SSB. They are two heads of the same snake. We can kill harmonics by filtering them, but we can't do that with IMD.

It's an even more serious mistake to overtly self-police when there are no issues to fix.

FURNISH THE COMPLAINT.