Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:36:49 -0800
On 11/7/2017 10:28 AM, Steve Wright wrote:
On 08/11/17 07:21, Jeff wrote:
[..] Over the following week I collected an OO card and a few FYI email from guys nice enough to mention that my CW 2nd harmonic was being copied in the low end of the SSB 80m band.

Any actual complaints?

A neighbor about 15 miles away is an active contester, as am I. It is not unusual to hear his second harmonic loud enough (S6 or louder) to make me stop on his signal when looking for someone to work. In past years that neighbor had a LOT of IMD on his signal (splatter and clicks) that made him a very bad neighbor. It was common for him to chew up 10 kHz of a band on CW! In the last year or so, he's cleaned up a LOT. By contrast, K6XX, only 3 miles away, is only 600 Hz wide, 70 dB down!

73, Jim K9YC