Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)

To: "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:21:41 -0600
The easiest way to observe splatter is to switch your receiver to the
opposite side band and listen for the crud.
Intermod products are generated on both sides of the signal. By listening on
the opposite side band you eliminate your receivers filter bandwith from
causing you false indications.

On a good clean signal you will not hear anything on the opposite side band
from that station.

73
Gary  K4FMX