Re: [Amps] power limiting in 8410 amps?

To: Amps@contesting.com, Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] power limiting in 8410 amps?
From: Russ Williams via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 18:35:30 +0000 (UTC)
 Steve.  I would thrilled to get 1200 watts out of my L4B with 40 watts drive .
 I actually know nothing about your amp, but I like to run mine at a fast idle
rather than full bore.  If that extra 200-300 watts will make the difference in
your contesting, then that is what you should strive for.
About 10 years ago, I converted an AM-6155 control tower amp to 144Mhz and
achieved a true 600 watts out using a GS-36B tube and modded power supply.  It
ran great---for a while..

It's all good radio.
Russ KW6T

    On Friday, November 2, 2018, 10:41:49 AM PDT, Steve Bookout