Re: [Amps] Tips For Winding a Plate Choke

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tips For Winding a Plate Choke
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 13:14:58 +0800
Except when they don’t.

Case in point, 3 tube Alpha 78, and probably 76 or similar rf decks, where you
want real all band coverage.

The Ameritron choke is naturally self resonant around 11 point something MHz or
so I read. Now in the confined space of the Alpha deck the adjacent metalwork
lowers this a bit to the extent that fireworks are pretty much guaranteed on
10.1 MHz.

Might be fine in more spacious cabinets or where 10MHz operation is not a
concern.

Presumably a minor rewind, removal of turns might be enough.

Just saying.

Martin, HS0ZED

Sent from my iPhone