Re: [Amps] Coolant for liquid-cooled solid-state amp

To: Jim Barber <barberaudio@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Coolant for liquid-cooled solid-state amp
From: Bob Darlington <rdarlington@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 12:52:54 -0600
Yep, regular car anti-freeze has corrosion inhibitors mixed in which might
be desirable.

If your loop is completely inert, you won't do better than ordinary water
for heat transfer without going to exotic things like heat pipes (easier to
make than you might think).   The glycol makes the heat transfer worse, but
it does keep the water from freezing and as I said, will have some
corrosion inhibitors mixed in.  And Jim, I did mean electrically conductive
in the previous message.   If that's not an issue, then water isn't a bad
idea if it's a matter of just getting the heat out.  Look into 50/50 car
antifreeze mix, or even thinner.

-Bob