Re: [Amps] shorted 3-500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shorted 3-500
From: Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:18:35 -0500
No I can't see that.  The tube "looks like" an EIMAC but not sure about that.  Lettering gone.

Paul K0UYA

On 10/12/2019 1:16 PM, Ron Youvan wrote:
 Paul K0UYA Kraemer wrote:

Does anyone have a restoration technique to remove a grid cathode short on a 3-500Z?

I have on just laying here---don't know why I keep it.  Filament still lights.  No plate to anything short.

  Can you make out which grid wire or which side of the grid basket is touching the cathode or filament?

  Carl can tell us if restoration is possible.