Re: [Amps] shorted 3-500

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] shorted 3-500
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:32:05 -0400
Paul,

Much as Herb did, in the 80's I "fixed an
8877 with the same issue by connecting the
pins to a charged many farad capacitor
from an old computer power supply. I had a
volt meter attached, banged the 8877 &
finally saw the voltage at zero. It had
welded the broken parts together. From
that point on the dead 8877 worked 100%
and the tube lasted many years after that.

73,

Gary
KA1J