Re: [Amps] Amp causing RFI Update

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp causing RFI Update
From: Glen Zook via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 15:50:48 +0000 (UTC)
Another thing is that there are various "schools" on grounding, lightning
protection, etc., and one group of "experts" can have considerably different
opinions on proper techniques.  To compound things even more, a significant
number of "experts" recommend things from several different schools.

There are those "experts" who absolutely refuse to recognize that there can be
more than one way to "skin a cat" and get very belligerent if someone even
proposes techniques that differ even so slightly from "their" methods.  Then,
there are those "experts" who do recognize that "their" methods are just among
several other methods that can also produce an excellent grounding system.

Over the decades, the methods that I recommend have been adopted by certain
entities such as television transmitter manufacturers and different government
agencies (from local to Federal).  But, I certainly do NOT insist that "my"
methods are the "only" correct methods.  In fact, I recommend that, if the
person so desires, various methods be examined and complimentary techniques be
included in the individual's grounding system.

Glen, K9STH
Website: https://k9sth.net