[Amps] Caps,snubber, mov across diodes ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Caps,snubber, mov across diodes ?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 09:48:19 -0700
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 23:42:54 -0700
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
To: <amps@contesting.com>

##  I found this on wickipedia, under ..diode bridge.  Im guessing the leakage
inductance and parasitic capacitance they refer to... will change depending if
the plate xfmr is  a step down..or step up type.
Big difference between a 10 vac sec...and a 2000 vac sec.

##  How do I look for these..oscillations ?  I do have a battery operated
fluke scope meter..and a fluke dvm..and also hv probe.   Where do I measure ?
Across each diode...or  B+  to  B-..... or B+  to chassis, or
some place else ?

Jim  VE7RF

Snubber circuits[edit]
Power-supply transformers have leakage inductance and parasitic capacitance.
When the diodes in a bridge rectifier switch OFF, these "non-ideal" elements
form a resonant circuit, which can oscillate at high frequency. This
high-frequency oscillation can then couple into the rest of the circuitry.
Snubber circuits are used in an attempt to mitigate this problem. A snubber
circuit consists of either a very small capacitor or series capacitor and
resistor across a diode.