[Amps] Alpha 9500 questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 9500 questions
From: "Bob" <n612dw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 12:21:11 -0500
Thinking of acquiring a 9500. but first need to learn a few things. someone
help me with these questions?

What are the "updates/upgrades have been done" that I often see along with a
"for sale" ad??   it seems to include (but not limited to):

What is/are the xfmr/blower/hall effect upgrades made and why are/were they
done?  What do they fix/prevent?

What others besides the above are out there?

When did they begin including these into production, at what serial
numbers/years?

How important are they?

How easily done are they ?

Is the firmware archived somewhere to that it can be reproduced to replace a
controller if needed?

The 87A I have seems to be crippled if this occurs, as I understand there
was no archive kept of the firmware and you can end up with a brick.
Apparently some of the devices used have limited write cycles as well and
are now beginning to crap out.

-bob, w9zv