Re: [Amps] Distilled water in a dummy load ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Distilled water in a dummy load ?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 13:56:20 -0500
>"But distilled water is highly corrosive."

It depends on the material that interacts with distilled water.  For
example, my Alpha 70V amplifier has been fed with distilled water for the
last 50 years and there's no sign of corrosion on the tube's copper boiler
nor copper condenser fittings.

OTOH, brass fittings must be avoided to prevent corrosion and mineral
contamination into the water supply when interacting with distilled water.
In the 70V, HV comes in direct contact with water and leakage current must
be minimized.  I purge the system with fresh distilled water every 12
months.

Paul, W9AC