Re: [Amps] Distilled water in a dummy load ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Distilled water in a dummy load ?
From: Geert Jan de Groot <pe1hzg@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 21:35:48 +0100

Is it possible to use  distilled water in a hb  dummy load ?
DL  consist of  4 x  200 ohm globars, wired in parallel..in an 8 gallon
container.
I welded  4 x 3 inch OD  thick wall Alum pipes together, 2 stacked above 2.
One resistor resides  dead center in each alum pipe.   Each resistor is a
new  globar  type  SP,  12 inches long  x 1 inch in diameter.

Personally, I'm using the Ameritron ADL2500, which is 4 hefty resistors in a case with a fan. I modified it so it automatically switches the fab to reduce the noise.

No leakage, no corrosion, no mess if I drop it or I kick it. Much lighter. No dangerous oils, and my shack doesn't smell like a chip shop when I'm doing some testing.

73, Geert Jan PE1HZG