Re: [Antennaware] Fwd: Modelling yagi split DE

To: k2av.guy@gmail.com, AntennaWare <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Fwd: Modelling yagi split DE
From: Charlie Ocker via Antennaware <antennaware@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:59:13 -0500
Hi Guy -

Thanks for the thoughtful response. What I was trying to do is model the effect of the actual split DE and it being fed by #12 wire balun leads. Maybe this is overkill. It does make sense that the NEC engine might have a problem with the abrupt taper difference.

I'll try your suggestions regarding wire segment length. Right now, I am using the EZNEC automatic "conservative" wire segmentation feature.

Thanks again for the reply - really appreciate having this reflector as a technical resource. There is no one in my immediate ham radio circle of friends who dabble in antenna design and modelling. And, I am a self admitted hack, having had some success with it. But, I do find it fascinating!

Vy 73,
Charlie  N9CO