Station Arrangement (Was Re: Control Placement)

Subject: Station Arrangement (Was Re: Control Placement)
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Fri Mar 5 11:56:25 1993
> How does the rest of the world set up their stations?
> Particularly you guys who make 5 Meg single op unassisted
> in CQWW...  :-)

I think it's all a matter of what you're used to.

I typically operate with the TS-930 right in front of me,
the keyboard in front of the radio, the monitor on top of
the radio, and the KW to one side or the other.  I prefer
the 101-key keyboard and I lay my arms across it when I
am twiddling with the radio.  I simply reach back with a
finger or thumb to press one of the function keys across
to top of the 101-key to call CQ or whatever.  This was
the HC8N setup during CQWW.

At TI1C I used a 386 notebook machine, so the keyboard and
screen were to the right of the radio.  I didn't like this
as much -- seems like I was moving my hands a lot -- but I
think it's because I am used to the other.  However, I would
rather suffer a this than lug down a desktop 386, keyboard
and a monitor (like I did in HC8).

--Trey