765 problem

Subject: 765 problem
From: tbarnett@lexmark.com (tbarnett@lexmark.com)
Date: Wed Feb 2 14:35:52 1994
My 765 has just started the acting up.  Here's the scenario:
>From power on, 10 mhz and 14 mhz bands are dead.  Others ok.
The display does work ok, freq changes with the VFO knob, no audio.
After awhile, the bands will come back intermittently, and eventually
after an hour or so, the 765 will receive and transmit ok on them.
I tried using the band up/down buttons, and seems that any freq from
8 mhz up to 15 mhz is dead (when it's dead).  Tried leaving radio in
transmit (in RTTY mode to get solid carrier), and it will "sputter"
RF out in bursts occasionally (watching an external meter/dummy load).
Has anyone seen this, or have a fix?  This radio was a good one,
have had it for 3 years, never a problem since new, and no mods.
tyler N4TY

From: robert penneys <penneys@freezer.cns.udel.edu> (robert penneys)
Subject: NAQP, Sprint awards??

I have enjoyed getting a piece of paper or so for CW Sprint.

I wonder... are certificates issued for team or state leaders in phone Sprint
or NAQP?

Bob WN3K    N.E.R.D.S.

Look for us both Sprints!

From: Skelton, Tom" <TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Subject: FW: CT vs ...

<deleted>
With Ken's blessing, I hope to use a beta copy of Version 9 during both ARRL
weekends, both multi-op.
<deleted>
73 - Jim AD1C

Can anyone tell me how close Version 9 is to release? tnx...73, Tom WB4IUX

From: Jim Reisert AD1C  02-Feb-1994 1731 <reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com> (Jim
Reisert AD1C 02-Feb-1994 1731)