No subject

Subject: No subject
From: tbarnett@lexmark.com (tbarnett@lexmark.com)
Date: Fri Jul 29 13:29:59 1994
My Public Apology (need not be read, so save your money):

My reaction to statements that turn my blowtorch on is to wait and
count to 10, and then sleep on it.  I don't know why I didn't this
time.  It's my fault for not researching the note further.  I didn't
know there was more to it than what I read.  I accept full
responsibilty for what I said, I am guilty of Driving While Ignorant
(DWI) on the Information Highway.

What seems to have happened is that I don't get all the mail sent from
the reflector.  My mail comes through an Internet firewall RS/6000
system, then to a 370 mainframe running SMTP (yuck), and then via
Banyan Vines (yuck) to a Lotus Notes server (yuck), which I access
from an OS/2 workstation.  It's now painfully obvious to me the
entire system isn't reliable, I didn't see what must have been the

To WA1U and AA5BT:
Please accept my apology. I didn't get the joke.  Now it's on me.

To N4OGW:
I didn't realize you weren't related to the Great Compromiser.  Hank
anecdotelly told me you were some years ago, and I had no reason to
doubt that statement.  I should have asked you.  I felt strongly about
this since my some of my roots go back to the founding of Louisville,
and other roots to Nazi persecution, and Ellis Island, the whole bit.
I also didn't realize you had an amplifier, my impression has always
been that you ran barefoot, which seemed logical to me since you were
still at Illinois.  Once again, I should have asked.

To everyone else on the reflector:
I'm sorry I wasted your bandwidth and bucks over this.
You deserve to read meaningful hints and articles from the reflector.
I should have embarrassed myself privately offline.
I could kick myself for doing this publicly.

I have been meaning to unsubscribe for months, now is a very
appropriate time that I do so.  I am going to crawl into this
embarrassing hole I have dug for myself for some time to come.

A. Tyler Barnett N4TY