Hornet's Nest of Controversy...

Subject: Hornet's Nest of Controversy...
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (n0dh@comtch.iea.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 16:48:11 1995

Then Gary K9GS wrote:

>This sounds like one of those primitive South Pacific sacrificial rituals
>like one sees in old King Kong -type movies.  I wonder what the flame
>ratings are for Rohn towers??

Yea only he missed the part about where you tie those vines to your
ankles and the top of the tower and then "dive" off the tower as the flaming
yellow jackets fall on you!!!  ~8>)

Dave
N0DH

From: Joe Staples <71045.2632@compuserve.com> (Joe Staples)
Subject: Texas QSO Party

1995 Texas QSO Party
Sponsored by the Texas DX Society

Contest Period: From 1400 UTC Saturday, October 21, 1995 until
2200 UTC Sunday, October 22, 1995. Stations operate maximum of 24
hours with minimum time off periods of 30 minutes.

Object: Non-Texas stations work as many Texas stations in as many
Texas counties as possible; Texas stations work all.

Entry Classification:
     Class   I. Single Operator, fixed station
     Class  II. Multi Operator-Single Transmitter, fixed
     Class III. Texas Mobile Station

Exchange: Texas Stations send Name and County. Stations outside of
Texas send name and state or province (DX stations send name only).

Mode & Bands: CW and/or SSB. Use 80 - 10 Meters, excluding WARC.
Suggested frequencies: CW - 50 KHz up; SSB - 3850, 7230, 14250, 21350,
and 28450. Novice - 3710, 7110, 21110, 28110 CW and 28450 SSB.

Scoring: Non-Texas stations score contacts with Texas stations as
follows: 1 point per QSO on SSB, 2 points on CW, except that Texas
mobiles are 5 points on SSB and 7 points on CW. Texas stations score 1
point per QSO on SSB, 2 points on CW, fixed or mobile. Stations can be
worked on each band and each mode. Texas stations may work other Texas
stations for QSO and Multiplier credit.

Multiplier: Texans use Texas counties (254), states (50), Canadian
call areas (13), DXCC countries. Non-Texas stations use Texas
counties. Multipliers count once for each mode on each band.

Total Score: The total score is the number of QSO points times the
total number of multipliers.

Reporting: Entries consist of: 1) Summary sheet listing Entry Class,
QSOs and Multipliers by band and mode, total contacts and multipliers,
claimed score, name, call, mailing address, phone/FAX, and a written,
signed statement of "Fair and Ethical Operation"; 2) Separate check
(dupe) sheet for each band; 3) List of all claimed multipliers by band
and mode. Logs may be requested for entries qualifying for awards.

Awards: Non-Texas stations will compete for awards separately from
Texas stations. A minimum of 50 QSOs is required to qualify for an
award. All top ten scores in each class will receive certificates.
Special awards will be made to stations working all 254 Texas
counties.

Deadline: All entries must be postmarked by November 30, 1994.
Entries are to mailed to the TDXS, P.O. Box 540291, Houston, TX,
77254-0291