Wifes, Kids, and Contests...

Subject: Wifes, Kids, and Contests...
From: JPontek@aol.com (JPontek@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 00:27:16 1995
In a message dated 95-10-26 18:49:32 EDT, k1iu@ids.net (Jeff Bouvier) writes:

>K1IU says:
>
>        Wow! Am I fortunate... When I tell my wife I have a contest
>on a particular weekend she says: "Is there anything special you
>want for meals?" She delivers all my meals to the shack and makes
>sure the shack refrigerator is filled with cans of coke. She will
>check once in a while to see if there is anything I need. My wife
>(Terri) has a very difficult time understanding why a lot of hams
>get hassled about operating contests. She has said on many
>occassion, "Are these women so insecure that they need to have
>their husband sitting by their side all the time." I have NEVER
>been hassled about operating a contest.
>
>        73, Jeff (When you have the best you don't need the rest)
>            Bouvier K1IU

I've been married 32 years, but it has taken 3 wives to get to that level!
The first two were not "Ham Understanding". Beverly, the third, and final YF
is understanding, does bring me meals and tries to accommodate me as much as
she can. She's a KEEPER. Congrates Jeff on having a secure and unselfish YF
like mine.

73, K8Joe"Palooka"
jpontek@aoll.com

PS No Don, the kitchen at the farm house ain't done yet. But two more towers
are up!