Wifes, Kids, and Contests...

Subject: Wifes, Kids, and Contests...
From: k1iu@ids.net (Jeff Bouvier)
Date: Fri Oct 27 03:23:55 1995

KM9P says:

So we're having a peacefull evening at home last night watching the Braves
make waste of the Indians...  The XYL asks "So when is the next contest
after this weekend?".   The following weekend, I respond....   $&@#!@#

Gee...  Am I the only one who has an XYL that even after 9 years of this
routine forgets the schedule?  Actually, I think her mind went when she gave
birth to our son.  Ever since then, any contest is too many contests!  God
forbid there should be 2 in 2 weekends.

I'm working on my contest schedule that I will paste to our refridgerator.
The following rating system will be in place:

***** = Definately operating from now until I die.
**** = More than likely operating.
*** = Could operate, more than likely a phone contest.
** = Doubtful
* = Never

Example:

*****  CQWW CW & SS CW, CW Sprint

Any other ideas appreciated.

73

Bill "no votes for father or husband of the year" Fisher, KM9P
---
Bill Fisher, KM9P   -    Concentric Systems, Inc.

K1IU says:

        Wow! Am I fortunate... When I tell my wife I have a contest
on a particular weekend she says: "Is there anything special you
want for meals?" She delivers all my meals to the shack and makes
sure the shack refrigerator is filled with cans of coke. She will
check once in a while to see if there is anything I need. My wife
(Terri) has a very difficult time understanding why a lot of hams
get hassled about operating contests. She has said on many
occassion, "Are these women so insecure that they need to have
their husband sitting by their side all the time." I have NEVER
been hassled about operating a contest.

        73, Jeff (When you have the best you don't need the rest)
            Bouvier K1IU