Fixing Swan amplifiers + HF2-V on the roof

Subject: Fixing Swan amplifiers + HF2-V on the roof
From: ad274@lafn.org (Randy Powell)
Date: Tue Nov 14 07:36:26 1995

After a little investigation I found an employee of Cubic Corp. (ex Swan Corp.)
who is intimately familiar with Swan linear amplifiers and will work on them fo
$35/hour + parts:

John Bruchey
4910 Verde Dr.
Oceanside, CA 92057

(619) 757-4717  (after 5 PM and weekends)

I shipped my Swan Mark II power supply + RF deck down to John via UPS.  Since I
didn't have the original Swan shipping boxes, UPS insisted on packing both PSU
and RF deck in one huge box surrounded by foam made up there at UPS.  I drove
down to Oceanside from Santa Monica to pick up the amp last Sunday because John
couldn't get the huge box in his car to ship back!  He replaced the LOAD variab
cap, large RF choke between the 2 3-500z's and the grid circuit choke ++resisto
and I'm very pleased with his work.  Highly recommended.

Have any of you roof-mounted an HF2-V?

Thanks & 73,
Randy NZ6N
ad274@lafn.org (that's LAFN.ORG in lower case)