UR CALL PSE?

Subject: UR CALL PSE?
From: KR2J@aol.com (KR2J@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 09:14:13 1995
>This issue was hammered pretty hard a few months ago on this reflector.  The
>final conclusion was that no one wanted to refer this officially to the FCC
>for an opinion because we all pretty much know what they will say and the
>big Multi-Multis and guest ops without Extra Class tickets won't like the
>answer . . . so it remains for you to interpret it as you like . . .
>
>Stan  W7NI@teleport.com

Stan,
I guess I'm naive, but I always thought that it was illegal to operate beyond
your license capabilities, even under a higher class licensee's callsign.
 For example,
I know for a fact, that WA2OVE and WB2VYA primarily operated 10 meters in
order to avoid this problem at N2AA/K2GL multi-multis.  Of course, this is
ancient history.

The two, above mentioned, formerly"upgrade challenged", individuals are now
KR2J and KR2Q respectively.

73,
Bob Naumann
KR2J@AOL.com