Clg QSOs via Packet and others...

Subject: Clg QSOs via Packet and others...
From: palooka@pyrotechnics.com (Joe Pontek, K8JP) (Joe Pontek, K8JP)
At 03:03 PM 2/25/96 -0500, John L. Rouse wrote:
> N4ZR raises some very valid questions for the Great Ponderers to ponder....
> I found it interesting that during the recent big cw test our local cluster
>node turned off the "show users" command. Hmmmmmm. Surely a quick peek at
who's
>using the node during a contest isn't about to slow doing the ever-flowing
>duplicate spots....The logic of that dubious decision completely eludes me..
>
>73, John KA3DBN
John,

Most Sysop's turn off many functions during a contest, like dir, announce,
and, like in my case, sh/u & sh/c. During a contest, spots are of the
essence and for no other reason,  to limit traffic on the node is the reason
for the limited uses available.
73, K8Joe"Palooka"
palooka@pyrotechnics.com