FT-990 QRP?

Subject: FT-990 QRP?
From: wv5s@icon.net (wv5s@icon.net)
Date: Thu Oct 10 12:31:30 1996
Hello Everyone,

Anyone know how to get the FT-990 output power down to 5 watts
for QRP contesting?

Jim
Jim Hood, WV5S
President, Oklahoma DX Association
wv5s@icon.net
Past operations: KC6SS, V63SH, /XE, /WH6, /NH7, /KP2
Previous calls: W0PUD, W7KDH, K5TWD
USA-CA # 432

From: trey@cisco.com (Trey Garlough) (Trey Garlough)
Subject: ARRL E-mail Responses

> |It's interesting to see the comments regarding what ARRL employees
> |respond to your e-mail questions and those that don't.
> |... messages to K5FUV and the DXCC Desk never are replied to or even
> |acknowledged.
>
> I can't explain this, but in fairness I must report that answers from the
> DXCC section to my very occasional e-mails have been exceptionally prompt.
> The last two were each answered in less than one hour.

Not to mention that K5FUV was in London on last Friday when this thread
was started.  And I'm quite certain that the ARRL folks are not big enough
computer geeks to carry laptops around the world so they can jump right
on their work-related email.

On the other hand, the people that work that this place are a different
story.

I do note with interest that this thread doesn't have anything to do with
contesting.

--Trey, WN4KKN