No subject

Subject: No subject
From: jcrovell@gbsmail.bcs.lucent.com (jcrovell@gbsmail.bcs.lucent.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 14:02:46 1996
>From jcrovell Tue Oct 22 14:05 EDT 1996 remote from 580howard
>From: "John Crovelli" <jcrovell@580howard>
To: "'Contest'" <CQ-Contest@tgv.com>
Subject: P40W CQWW SSB and CW
Date: Tue Oct 22 14:05    0

Hi Gang.  Takes a little longer for us ole guys to get connected but glad to
be here.  I am comfortable being behind the technology curve.  Anyway this
is my FIRST post.

The reasonable airfares enticed me to buy tickets for both CQWW weekends.
I'm looking at this as a recon mission before CW.  Expect to do a SOAB
effort on both modes but won't kill myself on SSB.  No dvp/dvk so you will
hear the real me all weekend.

 Leave tomorrow morning for Aruba.  Travel plans mean crossing paths with
the V26B gang in San Juan airport while enroute.  That should be fun!
 Arrive on P4 mid-afternoon.  Expect to have dinner with CT1BOH after some
preliminary antenna checks prior to sunset.  Lots of work to do on Thurs.,
get the beverages strung, transmitting antennas fixed/replaced, etc.  I
never know what is waiting for me upon arrival.  Who said dxpeditions were
relaxing on the beach?

A description of the station is on the FRC website
 http://www.frc-contest.org/
Quick summary, single tower, Force 12 monobanders 40-10, inverted Vs on
80/160.
800 foot bev to eur and 400 footer to USA.  TS930S (again old technology)
and Alpha 87A (out of character I guess).

My Aruban host Humphrey told me last week that they are working on the
powerlines coming to the house so I hope that means a new transformer and
more line voltage.  It has not been unusual during the evening hours to have
only 190-200 VAC .  Even with a stepup xformer the Alpha 87A doens't always
play well.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Looking  forward to a fun weekend.

73,

John  W2GD/P40W