No CW????????

Subject: No CW????????
From: w1hij@contesting.com (w1hij@contesting.com)
Date: Fri Dec 6 10:03:41 1996
Dan, KS6Z

Thanks for the reply...

I've had the same experience on 40 CW.

It seems to me that one of the problems is that since there is no one there
to work, there's no incentive for novices to get on the band. What I am
looking for is a way to create that incentive---

My thoughts were that if there was some valuable information being passed
along (as well as just the pleasure of meeting someone new), then it might be
easier to attract people to the band(s).

What's interesting is that the response to my posting has been very limited.
I'm tempted to observe that a lot of people like to talk about the issue of
how to attract and keep new cw ops, but not very many people are willing to
try to do something about it.

Oh well, I'll give it another few days before drawing a final conclusion.

73, de Bill W1HIJ (see you on 40)

smscompany@gnn.com