No CW????????

Subject: No CW????????
From: KS6Z@sprynet.com (Dan Keefe)
Date: Thu Dec 5 13:46:10 1996
Dear OM,

I am sitting like a fool on 40 novice about every night of the week for
an hour or so waiting for a new call to call CQ.  I often wind up
working another extra class who has called CQ plaintively for ten
minutes without an answer so I feel sorry for the guy.

The band is there and there is plenty of room for all novices.

I don't think anyone should be forced to upgrade,but I don't think they
should be welcome on the phone bands without being able to pass the 13
wpm jerk test either.  It isn't foolproof but it sure has made a
difference over the years.  If you don't think so just listen to 11
meters and now some of the local repeaters in the big cities.  If that
doesn't scare the hell out of you nothing will.

I will be happy to work any NOVICE ticket on the 40 meter band (7.100 to
7.150) any night after dark in California by appointment for east coast
stations, earlier is OK for 7's, or 0's.  California, Arizona and Oregon
any time of day is usually ok.  We used to call them skeds!

Send me an email and warm up your radio and a dipole.  I will work you
till your arm turns to glass, period.  Any speed is ok, slow code,
Farnsworth, you tell me what you are comfortable with getting started on
the upgrade path and I will help you to get there as quickly and
painlessly as possible.

Give me 30 minutes twice per day and in a month you will be taking and
passing your general class code test, period.

Dan Keefe  KS6Z
Vista, CA

IF I CAN DO IT ANYBODY CAN, PERIOD!!!!!