Animosity about A Great Call

Subject: Animosity about A Great Call
From: WI0R@aol.com (WI0R@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 10:18:05 1997

<< Folks all over the rest of the USA are getting calls outside
 their "districts".  Only the ARRL thinks Hawaii and Alaska >>

A few maybe, but not all, not even most....
If you look down the list of old vs new calls, it would appear
that in almost every case, hams are chosing calls from their own
districts, and most of those changing districts are getting callsigns
to reflect their correct district (after having moved or relocated to another
district).  Those getting callsigns from districts where they don't reside
are fortunately not that many.  Maybe someone could come up with some
statistics on this.  Before the Vanity program started, I was afraid that
it would be a free-for-all scramble of callsigns and districts, but again
fortunately that has not turned out to be the case.  Hams (or maybe I should
say Contesters), at least, respect the callsign districts even if the FCC and

possibly the ARRL don't.  |:)
73
Troy WI0R