DRSI

Subject: DRSI
From: jay@dunestar.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Sat Jan 25 13:45:53 1997
Does anyone know if DRSI is still in bisiness?

Lost the TU for my contest PC.

Jay

From: 0006008716@mcimail.com (Doug Grant) (Doug Grant)
Subject: Spike's Neat Calls

Actually, this whole thread has led me to quite a different conclusion.

Spike's note, while apparently offending a few with his choice of terminology
for urination, revealed a WH0LE bunch of neat calls.

Can someone furnish me with a mail-receiving address in Hawaii so I can apply
for some of those calls (AH0LE, for example), which I will assign to someone
else? THis way, when this particular individual, who makes a habit of
crowding my frequency, does it again, I can call him an AH0LE legitimately,
since it will be his callsign.

I also need a good address in Alaska for AL1D.

The megabytes of Email on this subject, both complaining about and defending
"out-of-area" vanity calls has gotten well past tedious, especially for
non-U.S> subscribers. I'm sure they are all quite amused at the apparent
surplus of spare time enjoyed by U.S. contesters.

Are there any euiqvalent sauabbles going on in, say, SLovenian contesting
these day? (oops..."squabbles" above) How about the U.K.? Surely there's
some dirty linen to be exposed about competition for the M*7* calls...

ANyway, I'll go back into QSX mode now, and start thinking about the ARRL DX
contest, which is in a few weeks, I think. I've been reading so much mail on the
"contest" reflector, I've kind of lost track of what's going on in radio
contesting...

73,

Doug  K1DG
(my mailing address is available for anyone wanting a cute call with a "1" in
it)