[CQ-Contest] Re: [TowerTalk] TH7DX INFO

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [TowerTalk] TH7DX INFO
From: wa0etc@ix.netcom.com (Larry Lindblom)
Date: Wed Mar 19 17:38:28 1997
Lee Buller wrote:

> Hey...you guys were on the ball.  I was wondering who would bring up the
> fact that the height above the ground dictates angle of radiation.
>
> That is by large IMHO where people get whopper-jawed with yagis.  Got to
> have them up in the air to work.  But there is something to say about longer
> booms and more elements, but I don't think you see that much improvement on
> HF antennas.  You'll see that more in VHF and in beam width.
>
> Question:  If a TA-33 and a TH7 are at 100 feet...which one will work better?
>
> Respectfully
>
> Lee
> k0wa@southwind.net

Lee,
I can give you an almost answer to the question. I had a TH-3 at 125ft
which was replaced by a TH-7.  The TH-3 played well at that elevation
and routinely beat guys with a 204BA at 60-90 ft.  The TH-7 plays even
better and and is best tri-bander I've owned in 33 years of DXing.  One
big advantage to TH-7 is the bandwidth in comparison to a TH-3.  The
TH-7 is below 1.75/1.00 across the entire 20 mtr band.  I've never seen
a 3 element tri-bander that could make this claim.

73

Larry L
wa0etc@ix.netcom.com