[CQ-Contest] M/S questions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] M/S questions
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Wed Nov 5 16:03:52 1997
At 10:11 AM 11/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>In my opinion, the ARRL rules make for a more true M/S - that is, a
>couple guys with one radio can be competitive in the category. The CQ
>rules border on a multi/2 thing. There is no way to be competitive
>without using the 2nd radio to ferret out the new mults.

This is so true. I have often wondered why the CQWW does not have a real
multi-single category. Their M/S category is definitely not a multi-single
no matter what they call it.

There are many stations that would like to do a multi-op with a friend
without setting up two complete stations and having two sets of antennas.
These stations are discouraged from participanting in the CQWW as a serious
multi-op because of existing CQWW rules.

I don't think we have a prayer of getting a true M/S category in CQWW. it
would be too much work to implement by contest managers who are all unpaid
volunteers.

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na