[CQ-Contest] Wireless headphones/mike

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Wireless headphones/mike
From: ClarenceCW@aol.com (ClarenceCW)
Date: Thu Dec 11 23:59:55 1997
Hi Folks,

A few years ago I saw the idea of using one of these LOW power FM transmitter
kits to transmit your HF transceivers audio to an FM headphone radio.   The
headphone radios can be bought for less than $20 and I know for a fact that
they can run a long time on a pair of AAA batterys.  The transmitter kits are
$20 or less depending on size, quality, brand, etc.   They are usually
designed for batterys but it could be powered by a power supply in the shack.

I know that even with their meager power level and an antenna cut to the right
length you can get 300 - 500 feet range from them.

But..... Urban dwellers beware!   You might have a hard time finding a clear
frequency.  Plus, to keep things kosher you aren't supposed to have an antenna
cut to the right frequency... re. much shorter.   And you may not want your
neighbors hearing all the racket.

I live out in the boonies where it's definitely not a problem finding a clear
frequency and it's a small hike to the nearest neighbor.   Not a problem here.

My $.02
73, Clarence
N4CM