[CQ-Contest] Multiple Calls/One Transmitter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Multiple Calls/One Transmitter
From: rdstraw@arrl.org (Straw, Dean, N6BV)
Date: Wed Dec 17 14:01:00 1997
Reflectorees:

Just out of curiousity, I looked up the wording used for the ARRL November
Sweepstakes Announcements back 20 years ago (a nice round number of years)
in Oct 1977 QST. The wording sounded pretty familiar, because it said on
page 76:

"9) Misc Rules:  A transmitter used to contact one or more stations may not
subsequently be used under any other call during the contest period (with
the exception of family stations where more than one call is assigned by
FCC/DOC)."

The words were exactly the same in the Sweepstakes announcement in
Nov 1967, 30 years ago, too.

Gee, folks, maybe we haven't looked at the rules lately? [Insert smiling --
or
puzzled -- face here]

Happy Holidays to all!

Dean, N6BV