[CQ-Contest] Contests on 30, 17, or 12

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contests on 30, 17, or 12
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Mon Jan 12 20:21:52 1998
David L. Thompson wrote:

> I need to add one more statement about these bands.  The current
> international regulations prohibit organized contests on these bands.
> This was part of getting the bands.  I have heard ARRL Field day stations
> operating 17.
>
> Dave K4JRB
>
> --

ARRL Field Day Rules permitted operation on WARC bands until recent
years and WARC bands are excluded now.  I think it was considered that
Field Day was not really a contest, but the rules were changed when more
rigs were available to work those bands and it was felt that exposure to
those bands on FD was no longer needed.  73, John, K4BAI.