[CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Logging "QRP, or Mobile" contacts
From: n6mm@earthlink.net (Harvey D. D. Hetland)
Date: Wed Mar 4 07:44:02 1998
Regarding the comment by Monte "Ron" Stark, KU7Y, in which he stated, "I
have been told that the ARRL requires the QRP to be shown after the call
on cards for WAS. (I have not checked this out for myself). If it's
true, how do we get it there?"

This is not my understanding.  I just submitted a 160m WAS and will soon
submit a QRP WAS.  The rules as contained in ARRL form MSD-217(9/96)
recently downloaded from their web site read as follows:

"ENDORSEMENT stickers for the basic mixed mode/band award and any of the
SPECIALITY awards are available for SSB, CW, Novice, QRP, Packet, EME
and any single band except 30 meters.  The Novice endorsement is
available for the applicant who has worked all states as a Novice
licensee.  QRP is defined as 10 watts input (or 5 watts output) of the
applicant only and is affirmed by signature of the applicant on the
application."

The above paragraph is the only reference in the rules to QRP. There is
no requirement that "/QRP" appear on the QSL cards. Personally, I do not
use the /QRP after my call; although when on a QRP calling frequency I
will place a QRP with no portable indicator after my call the last time
sent during a CQ.  I do not knowingly dupe DXpeditions for the sake of a
QRP QSO.  If I cannot work the DX station on a band with QRP and I turn
on the big rig to work them, then I feel I have forfeited the
opportunity to work them with QRP.  I'll settle for trying on another
band.

73, Harvey, N6MM.   QRP ARCI #51